Terres CHECK-IN International Hospitality Film Awards is a joint initiative by Terres Landscape and Travel Communication and the Catalan foundations CETT, Climent Guitart, and Jordi Comas Matamala.
The proposal for the Terres CHECK-IN International Hospitality Film Awards festival arises from the desire to create a community and connect the various actors in the international hotel industry, generating a space for knowledge, exchange, and communication of trends that can be applied to the sector to enhance the experience at a time when audiovisual marketing actions have reached a point of great maturity in our industry.
Terres CHECK-IN aims to be the global reference in the audiovisual sector and showcase the audiovisual marketing trends of organizations in the tourism, hotel, and gastronomy industries.
The Terres CHECK-IN International Hospitality Film Awards has an itinerant format among the venues of the three collaborating foundations. Specifically, the 2023 edition will take place on September 13th in Lloret de Mar (Girona), hosted by the Climent Guitart Foundation.
This second edition of Terres CHECK-IN will combine an awards ceremony and professional recognition with an educational and professional aspect, under the umbrella of Terres LAB.
The main distinctive element of Terres CHECK-IN is its competition, focused on promotional films for Tourism Services. The film submission deadline is May 31st, and the legal terms of the competition can be found on the festival's website.
The productions should not exceed 10 minutes length and should revolve around the following content:
- Theme Parks
- Health and Wellness
- Natural Parks
- Rental of recreational equipment
- Accessible and Responsible Tourism
- Business Action
- Innovation in Tourism 3.0
Based on the above content, productions can only be submitted to one of the official categories of Terres CHECK-IN:
- TEMPLES AND GARDENS
- THEME PARKS
- SPA AND WELLNESS FACILITIES
- RECREATIONAL SERVICES
- TRAVEL TECHNOLOGY
Terres Check-IN also includes three Special Awards under the following categories:
- LATE CHECK-OUT: Award for audiovisual proposals from organizations in the tourism sector that create an inspiring, emotional, and memorable experience, which fosters a feeling of "never wanting to leave" or wanting to extend the tourist experience as much as possible and wanting to return.
- FAST CHECK-IN: Award for audiovisual proposals from organizations in the tourism sector where the application of technologies related to the digital and technological field is the main focus of communication, with the aim of improving the added value provided to customers and their user experience and increasing competitiveness.
- SOCIAL CHECK-IN: Award for audiovisual proposals from organizations in the tourism sector that demonstrate their commitment to sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility, with the goal of preserving our planet for future generations.
- COSTA BRAVA - GIRONA DESTINATION: Award that recognizes the audiovisual piece that best conveys the distinctive characteristics of the Costa Brava and Girona territory, its organizations, and its people.
- TOURIST HOSTS: A category that rewards audiovisual proposals from organizations in the tourism sector that clearly highlight the importance of people in helping fulfill tourists' "dreams" by providing unforgettable experiences.
Here are the winners of each special award in last year's edition of Terres CHECK-IN:
Gold for "Future Looks Bright - Anemos Luxury Grand Resort" (Greece)
Silver for "Yours personally - Makweti Safari Lodge" (South Africa)
Gold for "Casa Batlló 10D experience arrives" (Catalonia)
Silver for "Grand Tour of Catalonia" (Catalonia)
Gold for "Ecolodges Japan in Yukuguni" (Japan)
Silver for "Ceci n’est pas un avion" by Aviation sans frontières"(France)
BARCELONA DESTINATION. The winner is Mirador Torre Glòries.
TOURIST HOSTS. The winner is Can Buch.
The live streaming of the first edition of Terres CHECK-IN is available through this link.
THE 3 FOUNDATIONS
CETT Foundation is a private entity affiliated with CETT, a university institution attached to the University of Barcelona and a reference center in tourism, hospitality, and gastronomy. It was founded in 2000 by Gaspar Espuña with the aim of promoting education, research, and knowledge in these fields, strengthening the link with the professional and institutional sector, and driving the internationalization of CETT. At the same time, the Foundation promotes the principles and values of CETT and has a strong commitment to the corporate social responsibility of all CETT companies. Since its founding, it has fostered the generation and transmission of tourism knowledge with a firm commitment to applied research, training, and support for innovative social initiatives, as well as the spirit and creation of entrepreneurial initiatives, fostering innovation and creating synergies and future-oriented projects.
Climent Guitart Foundation
Climent Guitart Foundation was established in 2018. The organization, chaired by Cristina Cabañas, perpetuates the memory of Climent Guitart and Pascual with the intention of preserving their commitment and legacy. Based in Lloret de Mar, its objectives include the promotion and development of tourism in all its aspects, particularly in the training and promotion of professionals in the sector, entrepreneurship, solidarity, and culture, generating activities that contribute to improving the impact of responsible and sustainable tourism.
Jordi Comas Matamala Foundation
Jordi Comas Matamala Foundation, established in 2015 and chaired by Hospital del Carme, was created to preserve the memory of Jordi Comas and continue his work and commitment to the Costa Brava. The organization develops initiatives and activities in the fields of tourism, hospitality, culture, and sports. It works to create a permanent framework of thought that provides the tourism industry with guidelines and principles to progress.