On the initiative of the already existing Viennese ‘Festival of Festivals’, in 1989 the Filmservice International organisers decided to form with the most prestigious tourism film festivals CIFFT. CIFFT stands for: Comité International des Festivals du Film Touristique.
Who we are?
We are a Festival Committee, with currently 16 Tourism Film Festival Members around the globe. Our purpose is to maintain and encourage the consciousness of audio-visual work in the international tourism industry. We are endorsed by the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), European Travel Commission (ETC), Central America Tourism Organization (CATA) and Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO).
We help to co-ordinate the festival dates of all member festivals as well as of aspirant festivals. Each of the festivals holds its own international jury and awards independently prizes to the films entered into the competition. Counting the awards throughout the year, the overall winner is determined by a point system at the end of the year. At the ‘Festival of Festivals’ held in Vienna the winner gains the Grand Prix CIFFT for the world-wide best tourism film of the year. The runners-up obtain a Nominee for the Grand Prix CIFFT as a sign of recognition.
- We are a Committee of 16 Tourism Film Festivals
- To take part you should enter your video into all our member Festivals
- We also accept commercials
- The Grand Prix CIFFT for the “World´s best Tourism Film” is determined by a point system
- Points are gained by winning awards at the individual CIFFT-Festivals
- The overall winner is determined at the end of the year
- The winner is pronounced at the “Festival of Festivals” Grand Prix CIFFT held in Vienna