1. About CIFFT
The International Committee of Tourism Film Festivals (CIFFT) is owned and operated by Alexander Kammel, Österreichisches Film – Service e.U., Schaumburgergasse 18, Vienna, Austria. CIFFT brings together the world´s major tourism & travel film festivals that promote excellence, exchange, communication and collaboration regarding tourism through audiovisual communication.
Membership to CIFFT is open to any tourism film festival that subscribes the best practices and principles as recognized by CIFFT and its members.
2. CIFFT Goals
Since 1989, the CIFFT network’s goals are:
- Promote and distribute films through its members;
- Give support and consulting to new members and candidates;
- Coordinate the dates of the events of the Members and candidates festivals;
- Promote excellence in audiovisual tourism promotion and reward and recognize the best films produced to promote a destination or a tourism product.
3. CIFFT Activities
CIFFT is engaged to:
- To cover as many destinations and creative works as possible and to continue to reward the best audiovisual works in tourism.
- Create an international network of tourism film festivals in order to harmonize and coordinate the activities.
- Realize audiovisual events and activities in order to contribute to the growth of cultures between members, professionals, the audience and clients.
- Reinforce the cooperation among the festivals and extend the joint communication with the aim of increasing the visibility, importance and recognition of the films and the festivals.
4. CIFFT Competition
- Applicants – Applications can be submitted by film producers and filmmakers, companies, associations, agencies, and TV stations.
- Deadline for Submissions – Submissions to the CIFFT Circuit can be done at any time. Entries after the 30th of May will be eligible for the next year´s Grand Prix CIFFT.
The CIFFT General Secretariat makes sure that your film will be entered on time to each festival thus securing your participation.
- Online Entry Form – Every entry or series of entries must be submitted online. All entries will be entered in one category of each festival unless otherwise agreed. Please use our online-registration on this website.
The CIFFT General Secretariat chooses the best category for your film on each festival, if not otherwise instructed.
- Media Format – Submissions can be made via wetransfer or similar. Please note that we suggest: Format .mp4, minimum Resolution 1280×720 or 1920×1080. The entrant is responsible for the technical quality of the film.
- Eligibility – All material that has been aired/produced/posted online should not be older than 2 years, starting January 1st. The entrant must own the copyright of the participating film/online media or have the permission to use it. Your film might not be eligible for all member Festivals.
We do not assume responsibility, if one of the festivals gets cancelled owing to unforeseen events. In case of winning there might occur extra costs for the shipment and customs handling of your award.
- Languages – Entries should be in English. You may submit your entries in other languages as well. In that case, please send us the subtitles/synopsis of the films or the text translated into English in order to facilitate judging.
5. Entry Fees – CIFFT Circuit Packages
The entry fee of our entry service is calculated per film and per festival. The costs will be charged after the CIFFT General Secretariat receives your entries. (20% VAT will be charged for Austria and entrants from EU countries without a VAT number). An invoice with the total amount of your entries will be sent to you.
- CIFFT Circuit Package for Tourism Commercials (ADS) – Up to 60 seconds – costs € 2,990 (+ 20% VAT for Austria and entrants from EU countries without a VAT number).
- CIFFT Circuit Package for Tourism Brand/Promotional Films costs € 2,990 (+ 20% VAT for Austria and entrants from EU countries without a VAT number).
- CIFFT Circuit Package for Series or Video Campaigns costs € 3,990 (+ 20% VAT for Austria and entrants from EU countries without a VAT number).
All Festivals entry fees are already included in our CIFFT Full Entry Service Packages. This includes also the charges for handling fees of distribution and registration. In case of winning, there might occur extra costs for the personal attendance at the festivals, the shipment and customs handling of your trophies. We do not assume responsibility, if one of the festivals gets cancelled owing to unforeseen reasons.
Payments can be made either by bank transfer or by credit card (VISA/MasterCard). As best method of payment, we prefer a bank transfer from countries within the EU, and a credit card payment for countries outside the EU.
Please make sure that the given information about the invoice and categories is correct. An additional € 25,– fee will be applied for any change after issuing the invoice.
7. CIFFT Rank List
All the winners at the CIFFT Member Festivals related to the promotion of tourism are eligible for the World´s Best Tourism Film & Video Awards, the awards that recognize the World´s Best Tourism Film and the World´s Best Tourism Commercial and are thus displayed on the CIFFT Rank List.
All films related to the promotion of tourism that compete individually in member festivals or are registered via CIFFT are elegible for the CIFFT Rank List.
- The CIFFT Ranking List includes six categories:
- Tourism Destination Cities;
- Tourism Destination Regions;
- Tourism Destination Countries;
- Tourism Services;
- Tourism Products;
- Independent Travel Video;
- The Grand Prix CIFFT Ranking Points are given to the winners of the CIFFT member festivals.
- The CIFFT Rank List determines the World’s Best Tourism Films in each of the six categories.
The rating is expressed on a scale from 2 to 10. The film receives points according to the award obtained in the festival. For that purpose, the following table is taken into account:
2nd Prize/Silver/Best or Arts & crafts
National Competition (Best Film)
- In case a film receives more than one award, only the highest award will be taken into account for the rank list.
- The awards obtained at the CIFFT candidate festivals do not count for the CIFFT Rank List.
- The CIFFT Rank List will be updated and published on our website, as authorized by each entrant, the week after the Awards Ceremony of each festival.
Every festival has its own independent Jury. The results of the jury are final and not disputable. Judging results will not be released unless entry fees are fully paid.
Every festival has its own awards. We will inform you as soon as we know your results, thus making your attendance at the festival possible. In case you cannot attend personally, the festival will send you the award by post at your cost.
Some festivals offer the possibility to purchase duplicate trophies. We recommend doing so before the Awards Gala.
10. Grand Prix CIFFT
The Grand Prix CIFFT Circuit supports, promotes and develops the global audiovisual tourism communication industry by identifying and rewarding excellence and inspiring experts to continually raise the standards of their creativity.
You receive points for winning awards. These points are added up at the end of the year. The production with the most points will receive the Grand Prix CIFFT as the “World’s Best Tourism Film” and the “World’s Best Tourism Commercial” of the year. The runner up’s will be “Nominees to the Grand Prix CIFFT”. The trophies and the diplomas will be awarded at the “Festival of Festivals” in Vienna.
Traditionally the Grand Prix winner sponsor and invites the festival participants to the Grand Prix Dinner. (Please consult us for more details).
CIFFT “PEOPLE´S CHOICE” AWARD – ONLINE VOTING
CIFFT “People´s Choice” Award is an online voting competition promoted by CIFFT, for all the films that participate in the Grand Prix CIFFT Circuit registered through CIFFT Full Entry Service and the winner will be recognized with the title of the World´s Best Tourism Film – CIFFT “People´s Choice” Award.
These Voting Rules and Procedures for the CIFFT “People’s Choice” Award are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of CIFFT. Void where prohibited.
Voting is simple and easy. To vote, visit www.cifft.com and follow the links to complete the Voting Process. The Finalist who receives the most Votes during the Voting Period (defined below), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be named the CIFFT “People’s Choice” Award Winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Contest Entrant Official Rules. Voting will be conducted pursuant to these Voting Rules and Procedures and any such other rules and procedures as Sponsor may from time to time designate.
Everyone with internet access can make a vote. The vote is anonymous. We do not store your data.
VOTING PERIOD & RESTRICTIONS
Voting is open from 12:00AM CET October 01, 2020, to 12:00AM CET October 25, 2020. Voting is limited to one vote per IP Address or Browser Session during the Voting Period. Sponsor reserves the right to change the limit on the number of Votes, in its sole discretion. Notification regarding any such change will be posted on the Website.
HOW TO VOTE ONLINE
Access to the Website to view the Voting choices available in the Online Voting page on the Website during the applicable Voting Period. You may submit your Vote during the Voting Period by clicking “Vote” on the entry videos.
Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to void any Vote that appears, to have been made by a person not meeting the eligibility requirements set forth above, or to be an automated or duplicate Vote, and has the right to permanently disqualify from any Voting any person it believes has violated these rules. If for any reason the Voting is not capable of being run or implemented as planned, including, but not limited to, as the result of infection by computer viruses or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor, which is likely to, or actually corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Voting, then Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to withdraw the transmission of any Vote and/or to terminate or suspend the Voting at any point and declare the Voting results for the People’s Choice based upon the Votes up to that point. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his/her competition entries) who tampers with the Voting process.
In the event of technical difficulties with the Voting, including, but not limited to, mobile or Internet service interruptions, Sponsor reserves the right to review the Votes for accuracy and to take any appropriate action, including, without limitation, voiding the Votes cast during the time period in which such technical difficulties occurred. Released Parties are not responsible for any computer, network, technical, electronic, human or other errors or problems of any kind, for any injury or damage to participants or to any person’s computer or mobile phone relating to or resulting from Voting or downloading materials or software in connection with the Voting, or for Votes that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed, lost, or late. By participating, each individual agrees to release and hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims and liability of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of their participation in the Voting.
Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the competition, or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of the competition entries. Sponsor is not responsible for interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer transmissions or jumbled, scrambled or misdirected Votes or transmissions, or for phone, electrical, network, computer hardware or software or program malfunctions, failures or difficulties or for other errors, omissions, interruptions, or deletions of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic or for any damage to any person’s computer related to participating in the competition.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Voters are providing information to Sponsors.
11. Rights of Use - Promotion & Publicity
The entrant is required to assign the streaming rights to the CIFFT to declare, that he is entitled to dispose of all rights to the use of the entry and vouches for these rights vis-a-vis the CIFFT. The entrant warrants that the rights of use held by all authors, owners of ancillary copyrights and other parties involved in the production of the CIFFT entry, except for the rights safeguarded by the performing rights societies, have been acquired in a due and proper manner and the exploitation of the CIFFT entry is not barred by personality rights or other third party rights in any manner whatsoever.
Entering in the CIFFT the entrant transfers rights to the use of the CIFFT entry, specifically the right to present and demonstrate the entry in public either in whole or in part or to distribute the entry in whole or in part on a “Festival Reel” or similar, to the festival. This also applies to stills/images provided to the festival. All aforementioned transfers of use shall be of worldwide validity.
The CIFFT and its members reserves the right to compile entries on a “Festival Reel” or similar, also in processed form, and to distribute same on a medium deemed appropriate. This also applies to stills/images provided.
By entering a film the entrant accepts all Rules and Regulations and also agrees to hold the festival harmless against all costs or claims of third parties arising from any such use by the CIFFT or any member or from false information by the entrant. Exclusive place of jurisdiction is Vienna, Austria. The CIFFT will not sell or rent personal data provided by you.
12. Data Protection
CIFFT supports the right to privacy, including the rights of individuals to control the dissemination and use of personal data that describes them. CIFFT is committed to protecting personal data of the users of our website, and utilizes technical and organization measures to protect your data. CIFFT supports and complies with domestic and international laws and regulations that seek to protect the privacy rights of such individuals.
This website, is owned and operated by Alexander Kammel, Österreichisches Film – Service e.U., Schaumburgergasse 18, Vienna, Austria. CIFFT Data Protection Officer can be reached at [email protected] or by mail at:
Alexander Kammel, Österreichisches Film – Service e.U.
When visiting our website, you are not required to provide any personal data. CIFFT relies on consent or other lawful principles established for data collection under applicable laws.
However, when registering for the competition, subscribing to receive CIFFT marketing materials or when purchasing CIFFT services or in other circumstances, you may be required to provide some or all of the personal data listed below. If you have provided CIFFT with your personal data, you have the rights described below in the Data Subject Rights section below.
CIFFT collects additional non-personal data as described in the subsequent section of this Notice (Additional Data Collection Activities).
Any data collected may be used in CIFFT business to provide you the information of new services we offer and to aid in CIFFT sales and marketing efforts, and may result in you being contacted by CIFFT.
Data Subject Rights
You may request from CIFFT access to, correction of, blocking of and/or deletion of your personal data in line with applicable data protection law. You may also withdraw your consent for CIFFT to process your personal data.
Additional Data Collection Activities (Automatic Information)
CIFFT automatically receives and records information about the use of the website either directly or through third party tracking utility providers. This may include cookies, IP addresses, your browser type, operating system version, language settings, which locally installed CIFFT applications you use (if any) and how you use them, the web page you were visiting immediately prior to visiting our website, pages of our website that you visited, the time spent on those pages, information you searched for on our website, access times and dates, and other statistics. This data is not combined with your personal data collected directly from you.
CIFFT uses IP addresses to help diagnose problems and to administer the CIFFT website. When you visit our Website, we recognize only your domain name and not your e-mail address. We will see your e-mail address only if you provide it or send us an e-mail message.
CIFFT does not ask you for, access or track any location based information from your device. If CIFFT wishes to do so in the future to enhance our website, CIFFT will specifically ask your permission.
As stated above, the collection of personal data is not required for accessing this website. However,
CIFFT collects the additional data for the maintenance and optimization of its website.
CIFFT may share personal information with its festival members and with staff working on our behalf as necessary to complete your requests and to provide you CIFFT products and services. We may also share data when required by law or to respond to legal process. CIFFT, its festival members, and/or the staff may be located in countries that are not considered to provide an adequate level of data protection as established by the European Data Protection Directive (95/46/EG) or the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR), including the United States. Where required under applicable law, CIFFT will implement appropriate measures to secure the data transfers in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Such measure may include use of the Model Clauses or the Privacy Shield Framework.
CIFFT has responsibility for the processing of personal information it receives under the Privacy Shield and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. CIFFT remains liable under the Privacy Shield Principles if an agent processes personal data covered by this Notice in a manner inconsistent with the principles, except where CIFFT is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
In certain situations, CIFFT may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, CIFFT commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information.
The following CIFFT festivals members and Candidates also comply with the Privacy Shield Principles:
- Cannes Corporate Media & TV Awards, Cannes, France;
- New York Film Festival, Las Vegas, USA;
- The Golden City Gate / ITB-Berlin, Berlin, Germany;
- Tourfilm Riga, Riga, Latvia;
- ITFF-Bulgaria “On the East Coast of Europe”, Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria;
- FILMAT Poland, Warsaw, Poland;
- US International Film & Video Festival, Los Angeles/USA
- ART&TUR – International Tourism Film Festival; V.N.Gaia, Portugal;
- International Istanbul Tourism Film Festival, Istanbul, Turkey
- Silafest – International Festival of Tourism & Ecology Film, Veliko Gradište/Serbia
- Zagreb TourFilm Festival, Zagreb, Croatia;
- BITFF – Baku International Tourism Film Festival, Baku, Azerbaijan;
- Amorgos Tourism Film Festival, Amorgos, Greece;
- Following the Equator – International Tourism Film Festival, Iru Fushi, Maldives;
- terres Catalunya – International Eco & Travel Film Festival, Tortosa, Spain;
- Japan World’s Tourism Film Festival, Osaka, Japan
- ITFFA – International Tourism Film Festival Africa, Cape Town, South Africa
- Deauville Green Awards, Deauville, France
Data Subjects covered by the GDPR are afforded additional rights including:
- The Right to be Forgotten: you have the right to request the erasure of the personal data submitted to CIFFT; this means you can request CIFFT restrict your data from any further processing, and have your data deleted if possible.
- Complaints may also be submitted to the applicable supervisory authority in the European Economic Area, which includes the data protection authority in your locality (for example, in the U.K., the supervisory authority would be the Information Commissioner’s Office).
Updates to this Privacy Notice
CIFFT may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we modify this Privacy Notice, we will post the revised version here. We may also provide notification of material changes by other means such as posting a notice on our website.