Video is a highly engaging medium that can get the attention of viewers and hold it for longer periods of time than other forms of content. The internet has been taken over by this format, which is already part of the strategy of most brands worldwide.
Video is also an effective way to showcase the attractions and experiences of a destination and encourage people to visit.
That’s why over the years, it has become an important tool in the Tourism Industry, allowing tourism brands and companies to showcase their offerings to a wider audience and engage potential visitors in a more interactive and immersive way.
The State of Video Marketing by Wyzowl
For the ninth year in a row, Wyzowl developed a report that shows how the video marketing industry has grown and evolved over time.
The “The State of Video Marketing 2023” puts together some relevant statistics for the audiovisual sector, also providing valuable information and insights that can help Tourism Industry businesses to make even better decisions.
Video Marketing Usage
Video usage looks set to increase still further in 2023, with current marketers almost unanimously planning to continue their video marketing efforts over the next 12 months – and 70% of current ‘non-video-marketers’ looking to get started.
- 96%, the highest-ever proportion of marketers, continues to value video as an ‘important part’ of their marketing strategy.
- 91% of businesses use video as a marketing tool in 2023.
- 70% of ‘non-video- marketers’ plan to start online video marketing in 2023.
Types of videos created
Although social media marketing videos and explainer videos stand out at the top of the pile, what’s notable is the sheer volume of different types of videos used by businesses.
- 71% of marketers created social media videos in 2022.
- 70% of marketers created explainer videos in 2022.
- 66% of video marketers created live-action videos in 2022.
- 55% of video marketers created animated videos in 2022.
- 46% of marketers created video ads in 2022.
- 42% of marketers created teaser videos in 2022.
- 40% of marketers created sales videos in 2022.
ROI: What does success look like?
Wyzowl asked marketers who used video marketing in their strategy for 2022 to assess how video had impacted their key marketing metrics.
- 96% of video marketers say video marketing has increased user understanding of their product or service.
- 95% say video marketing has helped them increase brand awareness.
- 92% say video gives them a good return on their investment – another all-time high.
- 91% say video marketing has helped them increase traffic.
- 90% say video marketing has helped them generate leads.
- 87% say video marketing has helped them increase sales.
The customer view
How do customers and internet users interact with video?
- 96% of people have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- 89% of people say watching a video has convinced them to buy a product or service.
- 79% of people say watching a video has convinced them to buy a software or app.
- 91% of people say they want to see more online videos from brands in 2023
- 51% of people are more likely to share videos with their friends than any other type of content, making video comfortably the most ‘shareable’ type of online content.
- People, on average, watch 17 hours of online video content per week.
In general, the State of Video Marketing 2023 highlights the importance of video in any marketing strategy and demonstrates video’s position as a key part of the online customer journey. Video Marketing is here to stay.